Advanced Financial Statement Analysis (Online)NEW
Advanced Financial Statement Analysis (Online)
In a volatile economy, being able to determine an asset’s value, understand an organization's financing sources, calculate profitability, and estimate risks is more critical than ever. These are the metrics that help determine a win or a loss.
Developed by Doron Nissim, the Ernst & Young Professor of Accounting and Finance at Columbia Business School, this program is designed for investors and financial professionals to assess the vital signs of an organization with more precision in order to make better investment decisions. Through the use of a proprietary Excel analysis tool and several case studies, each module illustrates the learnings through a real-world scenario, culminating in a live debriefing of a case with Nissim.
Please contact our partners at Emeritus at firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 315-982-5094, or +1 315-277-2746 for a personal conversation about this program and how it may benefit you.
Delivered in collaboration with
At the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Review the fundamentals of financial accounting principles and transactions
- Analyze the quality, profitability, solvency, and liquidity of financial statements across a variety of organizations, including Google/Alphabet, Costco, and Tesla
- Calculate the value of an organization using a variety of methods and scenarios
- Utilize a proprietary Excel workbook from faculty that allows you to apply each of the analysis exercises to any organization
- Leverage information from financial statements at a deeper level to inform your investment strategies—and drive better returns in your portfolio
- Institutional and individual investors who want to make more informed decisions for better investment outcomes for their portfolios
- Mid- and senior-level finance professionals who want to learn how to analyze financial statements and forecast for business planning and valuation
- Private equity and banking professionals who want to learn a method for comprehensive profitability analysis and gain a deeper understanding of solvency and liquidity measures
- Financial/credit analysts and risk managers who want more tools for evaluating risk, liquidity, and solvency, as well as assessing the quality of the financial statements
- Financial advisors and consultants who seek to create more value for their clients through deeper analysis of investment opportunities
Sign Up for Email Alerts
Sign up for program updates and content relevant to today's business leaders from Columbia Business School Executive Education.